SSL Certificate FAQ’s
Your current ISP will need to export your key pair file from the server hosting your web site. Once you have the complete key pair file, you can provide it to your new ISP to import on their server. If your current ISP will not provide you with the key pair file, you will need to purchase a new certificate to use with your new ISP. If you have to purchase another certificate, please let us know and we will expedite the processing of the new request. In addition, you will not have to resubmit your business documentation as long as nothing has changed.
Please be aware that if the two ISPs are running different server types, you may not be able to import the key pair file due to server compatibility issues. If this happens, a new certificate will have to be purchased.
Please contact Burning Diode Hosting Technical support to have your key pair exported.
- Apache + MOD SSL
- Apache + Raven
- Apache + Raven 1.5x
- Apache + SSLeay
- C2Net Stronghold
- Cobalt RaQ3/RaQ4 "Main Site"
- Cobalt RaQ3 "Virtual Site"
- Cobalt RaQ4 "Virtual Site"
- IBM HTTP
- iPlanet Enterprise Server 4.1
- Lotus Domino Go 22.214.171.124 and higher
- Lotus Domino 4.6 and higher
- Microsoft Internet Information Server 4.0
- Microsoft Internet Information Server 5.0
- Netscape Enterprise/Fast Track
- O'Reilly WebSite Professional 2.X
- Stronghold 3
- WebSTAR 4.0 and higher
- Zeus Web Server v3